Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Ski Bums

On Saturday I did the unthinkable - took all 3 kids skiing by myself! The hardest part was getting the kids and 4 pairs of skis and 3 sets of poles from the car to the lift. The lady at the ticket office was watching me and daid I looked like a mother hen carring all the skis to one area, going back for the kids, then carrying the skis again, then going back for the kids again. Lauren is really starting to catch on on is doing wedges really good. Tanner took off through the trees and skies by himself for awhile - we were holding him back. Madison skied by herself for a while then decided to wait up for me and Lauren. It was a fun day, but a lot of work!!!
What a stud!!!
And my little snow bunnies!


Our family's favorite pasttime is skiing. In fact, we have so much fun while we are skiing that we don't have time to take out our camera. But, I vow that the next time we go up, I WILL TAKE PICTURES!!!

Rodney and I just got home from a 4 day trip to Taos, NM. With our Wolf Creek season passes we get 3 free days of skiing at Taos. It was fun to get away, but I could have stayed for a few more days. The snow was great, and the steep terrain was awesome.

Rodney is in Aspen right now with the boys (4 guys from Durango) skiing and enjoying the X-Games. I was trying to everything possible to go, but in the end I'm staying at home. By the end of this trip Rodney will have over 30 days of skiing in this season. (What did I say, we're bums! - I will have just under 20)


In April we are looking forward to a week in Snowbird with the family!

Watch for pics of Tanner, Maddie, and Lauren on the slopes!




No comments: